Monday 13 February 2012

Spontaneity.

This weekend I went for the chop. 

Not the 'cute, little, oh so in right now, bob' chop but the 'could be mistaken for a small boy' chop.

My Oh My. 

Oh My.

Humph.

Why? Why did I take such a plunge?
I firmly believe that the greatest things in life come spontaneously. From the decisions you make, to the people you meet - spontaneity is the key to a fabulous time. Whilst saying this, spontaneity can (at times) alter your ability to make clear, practical decisions. Oh the glory of being the fun, free-willed twenty-one year old! Young enough to get away with avoiding the harsh realities of commitment yet old enough to be taken some-what seriously. It's a complex age, I tell you.  
Any-who, as I walked to the hair-dresser - it suddenly occurred to me that this, this moment right now could mark something marvelous. 

Had I scanned the internet for hours, searching for the perfect cut?
No.

Had I spoken to anyone, a single soul, about committing to such a cut?
No. 

Had I thought about it for more than 5 minutes?
No.

Brilliant.
Spontaneity - we meet again. 

There you have it. I walked in and was asked the usual 'So what are we doing today? Nice and short?'
'Hell yeah, we are going nice and short!' was my 21-year old, spontaneously charged response. 
There was no going back once the scissors were snipping away. 
I was on a high - a beautiful, wonderful spontaneous high. 

Am I happy? Yes, I am happy - although the tight, 'can't breathe' feeling which set in on Sunday morning (the glorious hangover of a day filled with all sorts of hazardous spontaneity) was a bit of set back. We pulled through though. A wee leopard print bow, placed strategically in the little hair I now possess - made everything better. I am looking at this decision as one which would inevitably happen. How often do we think about what we would look like with little, to no hair? Could we pull it off? Now I know! No more thinking for me ladies and gentlemen! 


Until I am brave enough to unveil all that is the new, improved Christine - here is a few tasters:

Michelle Williams

Carey Mulligan.

4 comments:

  1. Good for you! I'm sure it looks fabulous xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the result:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i admire your spontaneity and courage! i am excited to see your hair, i'm sure it looks great! :)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    Udderly Smooth Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes we just need to take the plunge, I am sure it looks lovely :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and thanks for reading!

Have a fabulous day :)

xo Christine